Look at this food look at this food this is all I know how to make anymore look at this food. Breakfast is an important meal.
5:54 pm 2 notas
Agosto 20 2012
- Holy crapola! Moonrise Kingdom! Was! The absolute best! Movie! In the entire world! It is making me type! In sudden exclamations! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!
- Then after, I bought myself my first own eyeshadow! (Except not in blue, because I’m not as brave as Suzy Bishop, yet.)
- Moonrise Kingdom! Was! So! Cute! I’m still gushing!
5:56 pm 1 nota
Julio 19 2012
- I washed my sheets today and shaved my legs. Special kind of bliss ahead, I believe.
- I cleaned almost every inch of our home today while everyone else was out running errands. I discovered I really like cleaning. Also, did you know you’re not really supposed to vacuum your room every other month?
- The Darjeeling Limited was perfect.
- Now I’m going to sleep on the floor (with my sheets), because my sister managed to convince me to fall asleep to The Babysitter’s Club.
10:32 pm 2 notas
Julio 18 2012
- Today I got my Esther Williams bathing suit! For half an hour, I couldn’t stop arranging it with other pretty things that I’m proud of for collecting after a while.
- The dentist took off some brackets off my teeth to replace them and wow I don’t appreciate having to wear braces at all and I dread but can’t wait for the day they come off!
- I also just wanted to make this post to share some happiness because I’m pretty happy at this moment, right now, June 13, 2012, 6:46 p.m!
6:48 pm 14 notas
Junio 13 2012
OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH PROUD OWNER OF AN ESTHER WILLIAMS SWIMSUIT I GUESS BUT OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS IT IS FINALLY HERE!
4:56 pm 4 notas
Junio 13 2012
This is my favorite picture of all time.
Enero 7 2012
I keep looking up at the moon every few minutes and it changes position every time and I remember sitting in my car at night when I was six, looking up at the sky half-asleep and asking “Daddy, how come the moon follows us everywhere we go?” He didn’t want me to believe in what wasn’t real so he told me it didn’t, it was science, but that wasn’t enough for me— I knew the moon secretly followed wanted to follow me, know what I did on Earth, who I met, where I went, because the moon couldn’t get down and do it herself.
10:05 pm 3 notas
Enero 1 2012
And now for our new episode of ‘Idiots Who Pack Too Much for a One Night Stay.’
12:29 pm 1 nota
Diciembre 31 2011
1:37 pm 2 notas
Diciembre 29 2011
It’s not Christmas till there’s bread involved.
4:26 pm 5 notas
Diciembre 26 2011
There’s a room in my house that I rarely go into. I don’t enter because I left behind my happiness in there. Occasionally, I peek inside, and there it still is. That orange stream of light coming in through the window— a stream of light I’ve never seen anywhere else before. It entices me sometimes, and I almost put an entire foot inside that room… but, every single time, I slam the door shut, slump back to my own room and put yet another dollar in the “To Catch Sunshine” jar.
Diciembre 26 2011
This boy who wasn’t even in my grade, whom I never spoke to, that one year we went to school together, just messaged me on Facebook “Hey I don’t mean to be forward but are u single”… and I’m pretty sure this is a foreshadowing to the rest of my life. This is how my love life is going to work, clearly.
10:09 pm 8 notas
Diciembre 22 2011
Conversations with my father, everybody.
6:59 am 7 notas
Diciembre 21 2011
Today, I accompanied my mother at the hair salon. Growing tired beyond comprehension of listening to the women talk about the customers that had just left, I picked up a magazine and put in earphones. Suddenly, an older woman walks over and says something to me. Dazedly, I remove an earphone and smile politely.
“Oh!” she smiled, “I’m sorry, you’re listening to your music.”
“No, I’m sorry— what was that?”
“Well, if you’re tired of reading that old thing,” (I glanced down at a few-months-old Glamour on my lap) “I’ve got a Bloomie’s winter catalog. Just flip through it and you can get some ideas for those lower stores.” I feel like maybe that should’ve been questionable, but I laughed.
She had a heavy New York accent, but I still can’t figure out what questions are socially acceptable and which are rude. My suspicions were correct.
“You know, I’m from New York. Born and raised. And California is a heck of a change.”
“Yeah, I imagine California is much more… mellow.”
“Mellow? Honey, I am bored out of my mind. This place is ridiculous. You know, just yesterday, I tried having a conversation with someone at the market… it was pitiful. In New York, you can just be shopping for grapes, and the lady next to you will casually comment ‘Oh, these grapes look really good, don’t they?’ and you can say ‘Yeah, yeah, they’re perfect!’ and the conversation will carry for hours. Here, I try to talk to these hairdressers and they look at me like I’m crazy.”
After a conversation on how she was a teacher, how she went to the doctor yesterday, how she recognized an “old hag in the lobby” when she got some work done, how her daughter just had twins, I noticed she was wearing pink kitten-heel flats (does that even make sense) with bows on them.
She talked to me about my self-esteem issues—how she got that out of me, I’m still trying to process. She told me that shyer people are often smarter, because they think about what they say. She told me that high school was something I would hardly remember or think about. She told me that “those girls” can be catty and be nice to your face, but if I spend too much time thinking about it, I’m hardly better.
And, before she left, she told me that it may be frowned upon, but caring about your appearance is a self-esteem booster. She winked and left.
8:46 pm 4 notas
Diciembre 8 2011